Check out photos Stephen snapped along the way during his Craftology tour of the Prism Brewery!
Check out pictures of listeners at the MGMT show at the Electric Factory on 12.3.2013!
Check out pictures of listeners at the Studio Sessions Volume 5 Vinyl Drop at the Hollywood Cafe (Woodbury, NJ) on 11.29.2013!
Before they had the helmets, Daft Punk’s Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter were just two normal French dudes looking to make dance music. However, as the duo grew more popular, they wanted to evolve with the music, physically. They then teamed up with special effects mastermind Tony Gardner, who helped them keep their identites from the public by making custom helmets for them. Mixmag's new mini-documentary entitled 'Daft Punk: Behind The Helmets', finally unveils how and why all of this started. Check it out below; really interesting stuff.
Arcade Fire took on The Clash's classic, "I’m So Bored with the USA", at their recent gig in London. Check out footage of their rendition below, what do you think?
Another week comes to an end, another edition of "Friday's Five Favorites", where I recap the best music news posts of the week for you! There were a ton of great stories that surfaced this week--more than enough to cover with only five favorites but I'll try!
1. First up, The Killers released their annual Christmas single, with this year's being called "Christmas In L.A.". They also revealed a new music video featuring actor Owen Wilson and Harry Dean Stanton. Check it out below, what do you think?
2. Meanwhile, Lorde revealed a new music video for her latest 'Pure Heroine' single, "Team". The visual takes a dream Lorde once had about teenagers ruling the World and made it reality. Peep the flick below:
3. This is pretty awesome: A hardcore Pearl Jam fan let Eddie Vedder shave his head in return for them playing his request live. The best part is that the dude had 3-foot dreadlocks...What would you do to get your favorite band to play your request?
4. The Dave Matthews Band are currently making their rounds around South Africa. They performed a cover of Rodriguez's "Sugar Man" which is a very popular tune down there. Check out their rendition below, how'd they do?
5. Lurgan is back with another Irish-Gaelic cover of a popular tune, this time being Bastille's "Pompeii". Watch their powerful version below, pro-shot and all:
I hope you guys enjoyed another edition of "Friday's Five Favorites" which will come out every Friday (obviously). So if you happened to miss out on some of these interesting articles, now you're all caught up! Have a great weekend!
Nine Inch Nails revealed a new concert film entitled 'Nine Inch Nails Tension 2013' which features their recent gig at the Staples Center in L.A. last month. An expanded Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital release of the concert film will be released in Spring of 2014. In the meantime, grab some popcorn and watch the 77-minute, 14-song set below and check out the full set list after the jump:
Copy of A
March of the Pigs
All Time Low
Came Back Haunted
The Big Come Down
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
While I’m Still Here
A new mash-up featuring Twenty One Pilots’ "Car Radio" and Capital Cities’ "Safe and Sound" has hit the web done by Dr. Brixx. Take a listen below and even grab a free download of the new mix after the jump via their Soundcloud page. What do you think?
After getting a short preview of it yesterday (12/5), Daft Punk have revealed their brand new music video for "Instant Crush" featuring The Strokes' own Julian Casablancas. The video seems to be a direct reference to Hans Christian Andersen’s old fairy tale 'The Steadfast Tin Soldier', showcasing the love between two inanimate figurines, one being a replica of Casablancas himself. Check it out below, what do you think?
Mumford & Sons' own Ben Lovett teamed up with Invisible Children to release a custom t-shirt that he personally designed. Go "behind-the-design" with Lovett where he opens up about how he got involved with the program and how he got the idea for the shirt from a friend. His shirt is available in the Invisible Children store, which can be found here. Also, watch the video that inspired Ben to get involved after the jump. (via AD)
"If you have everything but don't have love, you have nothing. If you have nothing but you have love, you have everything."
Arctic Monkeys are set to release their latest 'AM' track, "One For The Road", as a single accompanied by a previously unreleased b-side called "You're So Dark". Check out a lyric video that the band revealed for the new tune below. What do you think? Should this have been included on the record?
Daft Punk previewed their upcoming music video for their 'Random Access Memories' collaboration with The Strokes' Julian Casablancas called "Instant Crush" on French TV program, BFM TV. Check it out below, early thoughts?